Friday, 22 January 2016

I Don't Drink Coffee... Much

I have never been a big coffee drinker.
That is until my doctor told me not to drink it.

I know -- insane childish logic there... as soon as I am told I can't have it - I decide I can tolerate a cup every now and then.  I do not like regular coffee though - it has to be flavoured (caramel or french vanilla, please) or mixed with something.  My daughter came up with a wonderful creation the other day -- half a cup of decaf coffee (I figure decaf is more acceptable then full strength coffee), half a cup of milk, a spoonful of brown sugar and a heaping spoonful of our homemade hot cocoa mix.  I'm not sure what you would call this creation - perhaps a Caramel Mocha of sorts? - But is it delicious!!

Tea on the other hand is a complete different story!  I love tea.  Black tea.  White tea.  Green tea.  Oolong tea.  Kombucha tea (I'm learning to make my own!).  Roobios tea.  Milk tea. Herbal tea.  Iced tea. I guess you could say I am an avid tea drinker.  While I do enjoy sugar in my coffee creations, my Papa always taught me that adding sugar to tea ruined the taste.  It is acceptable to add milk - or honey if you are feeling under the weather, but never EVER sugar. I have failed my grandfather in that aspect with my daughters as they will only drink it with sugar.  I wish Papa was here to instill his wisdom on them...

When it comes to alcoholic beverages - while I do not partake often, or much at a time - I do enjoy rum based drinks.  Pina Coladas would be near the top of my list.  Oh who am I kidding?! I am a fan of pretty much any "girlie drink".


Share:

1 comment:

  1. yes, your daughters, I failed them too. I cringe when they come to my house for a tea party and I have to put sugar on the table. Anonymous Mom

    ReplyDelete